We should have been starting our topic on Benhall this week and so we would like you to have a go at some of these activities:
* draw a sketch map of the local area adding on all the key features (your house, school, shops)
* on your daily walk, take a clip board and draw a map as you go around - can you use a key?
* after your walk, can you repeat your sketch map - was it better than before?
* carry out a survey - this could be on your daily walk (what sounds can you hear, what pollution can you see?
* create your own map of Benhall - Seb and Jasper did this and loved it! We made houses, the shops and the park out of lego and duplo and added on all of our friends as lego people... some were very funny!
Have a go and email me your finished images firstname.lastname@example.org (I will reply but it might not be straight away as I will be teaching too!)
Science - Light and Dark
Here are a few ideas and activities for things to do at home for our new topic of Light.
Learn French colours.
. In this French lesson, Cindy, a native French teacher, teaches you the colours in French with fun animations.
First, try to learn the french colours using the YouTube presentation. Now,try these activities:
* Go on a hunt around your house. What colours can you find? Can you use C'est.... to describe the colours e.g. C'est rouge et bleu (it is red and blue.)
You could then create your own colour poster to remind you of the different colours.
* Colour in the Toucan using the correct colours
* Play a memory game with your family. Cut up the colour mat. Hide 6 colours under a tea towel. Remove one colour. Can you remember the colour? C'est.... Challenge:
can you remove more than one colour and remember what has been taken?
* Try the crossword - can you remember how to spell the different colours without using the colour mat?
*Make some french colour dominoes.
Click here for more information.